Streamlining and growing arts, culture, and gaming events in Melbourne
Hey there, fellow event enthusiasts! Let me tell you a little story about my journey in event management and how it all started.
It all began in 2016 when I applied for the position of committee president of Conquest Games Convention. Little did I know, this decision would spark a flame that would ignite my passion for event management.
As I immersed myself in the world of events, I discovered my love for the games, art, and culture scene in Melbourne. And when I see something with untapped potential, I go all in. I don’t just keep conventions running, I make sure they run better and attract more attendees year over year.
My passion for gaming runs deep, stemming from a gaming household where my partner works as a narrative designer. For us, games are more than just a distraction to pass the time. They’re a form of art and a way of life.
And that’s why I’m so dedicated to streamlining operations and growing attendee numbers. It’s not just about putting on a good event, it’s about creating an experience that leaves a lasting impression.
So if you’re looking for someone who is just as passionate about your event as you are, look no further. Let’s work together to make your event a success.
“As the Current President of Conquest have seen first hand the work Lou has done to increase the online presence of our convention. With their help we have reached a wider community and increased our attendance as well as the effectiveness of our advertising dollars.”
Here’s a list of responsibilities I’ve taken up in my role managing Conquest.
- Key decision maker in the setup and operation of Conquest’s annual convention.
- Creating on-the-day timetables, and collaborating with the team to fit events in.
- Creating and managing growth marketing campaigns with the team.
- Reporting and using data and customer feedback to influence strategic moves.
- Leading and project management the PR/social media team.
- Research and liaison with venue hire, university clubs, game publishers, and other parties of interest.
- Recruitment and management of on-the-day volunteers.
- Website updates.
Trello helps me keep Conquest’s event management in order and on-track.
You're welcome to get in touch if you are a past client, or want to ask a question about marketing your business or gaming event. ✌🏻